If you’re in marketing and not using video, you are making a huge mistake. Not trying to be harsh, but with production costs coming down in recent years and digital distribution making it free to share, there really aren’t many good excuses. Here are five more reasons:
1. Videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74%
2. 30% of all online activity is spent watching video
3. 73% of users visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video
4. 79% of online visitors will watch a video, while only 21% will read written content completely
5. 88% of users say that watching a video about a product is helpful in the decision process
**Facts via QuickSprout, InSivia & DigitalSherpa
If eyes are the window to your soul, video is the window to the soul of your brand. Short of face-to-face interaction, nothing beats having the voice and eyes of your brand available to meet with potential customers 24/7/365. In a visual online world, video offers that experience. On top of that, YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world, owned by the #1 search engine (Google).
To help convince skeptical marketers out there, we decided to do a free two presentation series at Social Media Club Milwaukee and the Milwaukee Chapter of the American Marketing Association. We’re even giving away free 60 second videos shot with our good stuff.
Here’s the trailer for the events:
If you can make it to the events, we’d love to see you there. If not, follow #VideoMKE for online discussion.
As always, thanks for your attention and we’d love to have you share your thoughts below.
– Aaron @Biebert and the Attention Era Media crew
PS. If you love video, social media, marketing, or business leadership, please subscribe to our blog for free.