Today popular photo sharing social network Instagram (owned by Facebook) announced they are claiming the right to sell your photos without permission or payment.
Obviously, this has upset many people. We thought we’d have some fun with it.
We love photography, but most photos on Instagram are probably not worth selling. However, we realize that Instagram needs to make money (they cost Facebook $1 Billion), so we came up with the following list of ideas for them to make money by selling your photos for books or magazines.
Let us know if you have any other ideas.
– The Real Housewives of Instagram
– The Instagram Cookbook
– 10,000 Sunsets You Should See on Instagram Before You Die (foreword by Tony Bennett)
– American Kennel Club’s Guide to Instagram Dogs
– Self Portraits of an Instagrammer (featuring Corey Pieper, James Sather and Trey Cochran)
– 50 Shades of Instagram Nail Polish
– 365 Days of Clouds: 2013 Instagram Desk Calendar
– US Weekly’s Worst Dressed on Instagram 2012
– Instagram Guide to Holiday Decorating
– All My Children (Instagram Edition)
We’ll see what any of this does to Instagram (if anything). Today’s news follows their decision last week to not show Instagram photos on Twitter.com, which made Ryan decide to get off the platform completely. Time will tell.
Thanks for reading and sharing!
– Aaron @Biebert and the rest of the Attention Era Media crew
PS. If you love video, social media, marketing, or business leadership, please subscribe to our weekly blog for free.